2021-2022 Superintendent’s District Goals
The Montgomery Area School District will continue to develop instructional practices to meet the challenges of the PA Core Standards while keeping students individually engaged in their learning. Through a blended learning environment, we will demonstrate growth in individual student performance as measured by the PSSA, Keystone Exams, local academic assessments, and personal student achievements.
- The 2021-2022 school year will be a key year in the academic recovery of our students after the Pandemic. Ongoing assessment of students and response to individualized needs will be paramount in this endeavor. Academic and Behavioral needs will be addressed through a more formalized MTSS process District-wide.
We will review and align curriculum and instruction to increase the academic performance of all students.
We will continue to Implement, monitor and evaluate our TEE Initiative Theory of Action to:
- Develop and grow our full virtual option with the new Montgomery Virtual Academy.
- Support our Personalized Professional development plan that allows for individual growth of our teachers in order to create content that inspires student learning, increases collaboration, and encourages students to become independent learners.
- Continue to support a blended learning environment with strong evidence of an individualized instructional delivery system that meets the daily learning needs of every student.
- Provide professional development opportunities for teachers to create and deliver online courses in their content area.
- Increase parent engagement in the learning process through online and face to face interactions.
We will improve the success of our Special Education Identified students through supports and professional development for inclusion, and co-teaching practices.
We will develop support programs to address academics, behavioral and social emotional skills in our at-risk student population.
We will further develop our Career Prep programs by incorporating pre-apprentice opportunities, and developing occupational competencies matching State level initiatives as measured by the Future Ready PA Index.
We will continue to develop our Act 44 compliance items to include new regulations for Trauma Informed Education and Threat Assessment Teams under Act 144.
We will conduct a Study of District-wide facilities to better understand our physical needs in order to match our academic goals.
The Superintendent’s District Goals for 2020-2021 were met.
The Superintendent received a satisfactory evaluation.