2019-2020 Superintendent’s District Goals
The Montgomery Area School District will continue to develop instructional practices to meet the challenges of the PA Core Standards while keeping students individually engaged in their learning. Through a blended learning environment, we will demonstrate growth in individual student performance as measured by the PSSA, Keystone Exams, local academic assessments, and personal student achievements.
We will continue to align instruction and integrate technology district-wide to increase the academic performance of all students.
Implement, monitor and evaluate our TEE Initiative Theory of Action at all levels:
- Support our Personalized Professional development plan that allows for individual growth of our teachers in order to develop content that inspires student learning and creativity, increases collaboration, and encourages students to become independent learners.
- Continue to support a blended learning environment with strong evidence of an individualized instructional delivery system that meets the daily learning needs of every learner.
- Further develop curriculum with interactive digital content that promotes problem solving and higher order thinking skills aligned to the PA Core Standards and allows for the differentiation of learning styles and proficiency levels.
- Increase parent engagement in the learning process through online and face to face interactions.
- Continue monitoring the devices provided to students to ensure the best learning tools are being utilized to meet student needs, district budget and overall goals of the TEE Initiative
We will further develop our Career Prep programs by incorporating STEM related content as well as pre-apprentice programs matching State level initiatives as measured by the Future Ready PA Index.
We will improve the success of our Special Education Identified students through supports and professional development for inclusion, and co-teaching practices.
We will develop support programs to address academics, behavioral and social emotional skills in our at-risk student population.
We will continue to develop our Act 44 compliance items to include new regulations for Trauma Informed Education under Act 144.
The Superintendent’s District Goals for 2018-2019 were met.