Please review the FAFSA website at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You can establish a FSA ID by clicking on the “FSA ID” button at the top of the home page. This is needed to complete the form.
You must use your tax returns from 2015. You can begin to fill out the FAFSA form as early as January 1, 2016. Watch deadlines for each school you have applied to as many schools have March 31st or earlier deadlines.
Here are some great sites for your Financial Aid Questions:
- Federal Student Aid: studentaid.ed.gov
- Student Aid Financial Aid Toolkit: financialaidtoolkit.ed.gov
- Net Price Calculators: studentnpc.collegeboard.org
- College Comparison Tools: nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
- Financial Aid Shopping Sheet: www2.ed.gov/policy/highered/guid/aid-offer/annotatedshoppingsheet.pdf
- Award Letter Comparison Tools: www.bigfuture.collegeboard.org/pay-for-college/financial-aid-awards/compare-aid-calculator