Montgomery Area School District
Continue the Development of a School-Wide Instructional Planning Model Based on Learning: Learning Focused Schools Initiative
· Common Language for instructional planning and evaluation of student learning
· Consistent, Pervasive use of Research-Based Instructional Strategies
· Completion of KUD Charts to drive lesson plans
· Unit plans consistently include Extended Thinking Activities
· Acquisition Lesson Plans posted on the Toolbox
· Extended learning time focused on Acceleration, with individual student data as evidence of learning.
· Continued walk-through monitoring focused on evidence of Learning Focused Strategies.
· 5X5 monitoring to ensure progress based on goals.
· Continuation of “Professional Rounds” to bring deeper meaning to the professional sharing for improvement at department and grade level team meetings.
Set building level goals for 90% proficiency at the Elementary and Middle School and 85% at the High School in Math and Reading, with a sense of urgency at the high school level for greater gains in targeted areas.
· Improvement goals must focus on Adequate Yearly Progress target increase for graduation rate
· 2012 AYP Targets are– 85% graduation rate, 78% proficient in Math and 81% proficient in reading. These percentages will increase gradually until the 100% mark in 2014.
Focus on strategies for the continuation of our quality early childhood initiatives with the possibility of reduction in funding.
· Pre-K Program
· Full-day Kindergarten
· Title II; Class size reduction – 1st grade
Last Modified on March 21, 2013